Federal Brain Injury Resources
- National Safe Kids Campaign - This is the first and only national non-profit organization dedicated solely to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury, which is the number one reason for death in children ages 14 and under.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - This site includes facts about concussion and brain injury and places to go to get help. They offer a free booklet with statistics, prevention tips, and mild brain injury facts.
- The New Freedom Initiative for Americans with Disabilities
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- CDC’s Help Seniors Liver Better, Longer: Prevent Brain Injury
- U.S. Fall Prevention Program for Seniors
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center Program
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau
- National Council on Disability
- National Family Caregivers Association
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation - Their goal is to increase public awareness by establishing and promoting high prevention standards in sports.
- Social Security Administration
- U.S. Department of Justice, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Federal Government Site
To learn more about the federal brain injury resources available to you, contact TexasBIA at 800-392-00400.