General Brain Injury Resources
- ABI/TBI Homepage and Chat Room - A great place for survivors and caregivers alike to visit. The site includes several chat rooms, message boards, member stories, and more.
- Community Medical Foundation for Patient Safety - This nonprofit research group is now offering a noninvasive mTBI screening as part of an ongoing study on the early detection of mTBI among active military personnel, veterans, and anyone who has suffered a head injury from a sport-related or car crash incident.
- Office of Acquired Brain Injury - The Office of Acquired Brain Injury serves as resource for survivors of brain injuries and their families, including returning combat veterans. This is accomplished through referrals and a greater coordination of federal, state, and local resources.
- The Perspectives Network - The Perspectives Network, Inc.’s primary focus is positive communication between persons with brain injury, family members/caregivers/friends of persons with brain injury, those many professionals who treat persons with brain injury, and community members in order to create positive changes and enhance public awareness and knowledge of acquired/traumatic brain injury.
- Recovery Awareness Foundation - This site is dedicated to the special needs of caregivers.
- Think First - This is the website of the National Injury Prevention Foundation. You can find useful information, current reports, programs, and educational materials that focus on prevention of brain, spinal cord, and other traumatic injuries.
Receive more information on general brain injury inquiries by calling Texas Brain Injury Alliance at 800-392-0040.