Children and Brain Injury
- Texas Resources for Children
- New England Medical Center - This website is run by the Department of Rehab Medicine. It offers publications on brain injury, children, and prevention. The website also has a Pediatric Trauma Registry.
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities (NICHY) - This is a comprehensive information and resource site with publications related to issues of children, disabilities, and education.
- Pediatric Brain Injury - This website was developed to help educators and healthcare professionals learn more about brain injuries and how to work with children suffering from them.
- National Safe Kids Campaign - This is the first and only national non-profit organization dedicated solely to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury, which is the number one reason of death in children ages 14 and under.
- Coaches Tool Kit - This link is for information for athletic coaches.
- National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome - The National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome provides information, ideas, and answers for parents and caregivers who are struggling to cope with a crying baby.
- Information on helmet and safety belt use - This is a comprehensive pediatric health and information resource for parents, children, and health professionals. The site also links to Exceptional Parent Magazine.
- Wrightslaw - The website that parents, educators, advocates, and attorneys come to for accurate, reliable information about special education law, education law, and advocacy for children with disabilities.
For more resources on the prevention of brain injuries in children, contact Texas Brain Injury Alliance at 800-392-0040.