- JobAccess – The goal of ABILITYjobs/ABILITYresume and JobAccess is to enable people with disabilities to enhance their professional lives by providing a dedicated system for finding employment. By posting job opportunities, employers not only exhibit an open door policy, but also demonstrate their responsiveness to affirmative action by genuinely recruiting qualified persons with disabilities.
- A DARS Guide for Vocational Rehabilitation applicants
- Job Accommodation Network – Welcome to JAN, a free consulting service designed to increase the employability of people with disabilities by: 1) providing individualized worksite accommodations solutions, 2) providing technical assistance regarding the ADA and other disability related legislation, and 3) educating callers about self-employment options.
- Texas Workforce Commission – The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is the state government agency charged with overseeing and providing workforce development services to employers and job seekers in Texas. For employers, TWC offers recruiting, retention, training, retraining, and outplacement services, as well as valuable information on labor law and labor market statistics. For job seekers, TWC offers career development information, job search resources, training programs, and, as appropriate, unemployment benefits. While targeted populations receive intensive assistance to help them overcome barriers to employment, all Texans can benefit from the services offered by TWC and their network of workforce partners.
- Texas Technology Access Program – The goal of TTAP is to increase access for people with disabilities to assistive technology that gives them more control over their immediate environments and allows for an enhanced ability to function independently.
- Texas Disability Navigator Initiative – In Texas, fourteen Workforce Boards joined with the Texas Workforce Commission to implement the Texas Disability Navigator Initiative. Goals of the Texas Disability Navigator Initiative are to increase access to workforce employment and training services and to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
For more employment resources for peoples with disabilities, contact TexasBIAat email@example.com.